When the balance amount in your credit/debit card starts dwindling at the end of the month and the number of notes begin to disappear one by one from your wallet, is when reality hits you in your face and you know its time you start spending wisely. Here are some hacks to ensure your survive the ‘being broke’ storm. You can thank us later!
- Make sure you don’t overspend: This is most likely to happen when you receive your salary. Seeing easy cash available at hand, you may tend to overspend and that is something which may make your budget go horribly wrong. Make sure you stick to your lifestyle and don’t splurge at the start of the month.
- Don’t function without a proper budget: A budget is an essential part of your financial planning process. If you don’t have a budget, there is a chance you may lose track of how much you have spent and how much you are left with. There are possibilities of unexpected expenditures, but apart from that, making a budget is a good start.
- Stop obsessing over brands: If you are falling short of money, obsessing over brands is BAD idea. It will certainly eat into a major chunk of your budget. Also, if there are options available which are close to the branded item you intend to purchase, it only makes sense to ditch anything branded.
- Look out for deals, offers, coupons and discounts: Whether you are on a shoestring budget or not, it is advisable to look out for deals and the like, to ensure that you are saving up on money, wherever possible.
- Don’t be in a haste: Be a smart shopper. This quality is very crucial for someone, who is interested in saving up wherever possible. Look around for other options and do not zero in on something just out of sheer laziness.
- Cut down on your outings: Make sure you cut down on frequent dinners, movie plans and mini vacations. It is important for you to start spending less on them if you don’t want to see an empty wallet in the middle of the month.
- Be observant: Keeping a regular check on your credit card purchases and passbooks is essential.
- Be proactive: If you wish to plan a vacation or on buying anything, do it well in advance to save up on spending extra.
- Be on time: Be punctual when it comes to paying your bills so that you don’t have to pay an additional penalties.
- Have a goal: Lastly, it is imperative you have a plan and a goal in mind so that you can inch towards accomplishing financial security.
If you feel these hacks are useful and can be applied to your everyday life, like, share and comment in the section below. Happy saving!!